U-Turn


"...hundreds of stone-throwing protesters took to the streets here Thursday...beating back government guards to storm and destroy a museum dedicated to the Halabja attack..."

There is something about this image taken by Johan Spanner / Polaris for The New York Times I haven't been able to figure out.

Is it that the Iraqi man holds an office chair? Is it a signal of how a forced democracy will never work?

I don't know.

This image is everything I'm not. This image does not need to be understood. This image is a story of how to throw a chair. This image is heartbreaking. This image is exciting. This image is the sign of a story that did not change.

I wonder if there is any difference between corporate America and the man in this picture. I wonder if there is any difference between the two of us. I wonder how many broken office chairs it will take. I wonder how soon before I throw a chair. I wonder if I will run for office only to throw a chair.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am sorry you are having all these feeling, and I know it's difficult. But you are on the right track by asking these questions and taking the time to sort through everything.

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Is that really you in this picture? You look so glamorous and beautiful. Yeah, I am so glad asked these questions. I have been so busy I have let some stressful thoughts get up on me. I am glad I took the time. Thanks for your kind words. I will write you later tonight. Bye, G Money. P.