Still Alive, Looking for a Hip, Indie Publisher, and Humming the Godfather Theme

I am still alive. Can you believe it? HA!

Okay, so I am about done with Los Angeles. Time for a change for me. I have been playing with the idea of San Francisco in my head. The other spot would be Delaware. Yes, that's right, my roots.

We will see what the future holds. I have no idea.

It looks like Jim will be in Brazil or Florida. If I get my citizenship on the 28th, I might just putz around some foreign countries for a while. Who knows?

I might just get a dog and walk across America. Ha!

I really have no idea.

Maybe, New York City is the next logical choice.

We will see what happens.

-------------

In other news, I am still searching for a possible agent. No idea who I will find. I have 2 big books from Amazon to research.

I have half the mind to find a cool independent publisher and just pitch it myself, which is something I might very well do. We'll see if I find a publisher that is a good match for "The Whopper Strategies."

If anyone has ideas of a hip, indie publishers or knows of an insider, please email me some contact info. (the benefecator will definitely have some huge stakes in my Favor Bank.)

------------

Anything else?

I am writing the strangest things.

Pat Morita walled himself in a hotel room and drank himself to death in 6 months.

I am now reading The Zahir. I will be done tomorrow. Good book.

------------

Last thing

I cannot stop humming The Godfather theme song.

Funny thing is that the moment that I stopped and took a walk up Lankershim, I ran headfirst into the soundwaves of The Godfathertheme pouring from a little trailer selling Italian fast food.

"I feel like I'm going to get shot," my walking partner said.

"Hmmm," I say. "Just when I thought I was out."

"What?" WP asks.

"Nothing," I say. "Hey, listen to that! They switched over to NY, NY. It's definitely a mobster ice cream truck."

"No," WP says. "It's just Gazeno's...the Italian trailer."

Man, Hollywood is weird.

Now I am eating a salad with imitation crab meat. The girls in the cubicle next to me keep asking if I am eating my salad. I ask them why they are mothering me. They giggle and stuff their faces.

I am about to join them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pirooz, I will walk across America with you.

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

If you are serious, it's not such a bad idea. Why not get a group of us together? We will raise funds town to town with readings and performances. True gypsies.

Who else is in?

I'm serious.

P.

jwg said...

might be fun. could do readings along the way. but we might be kind of smelly.

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

We could write for a grant and take a little camper with facilities. No more smelly.

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

carver loves you. she told me so the other night. she also wanted me to tell you that if you ever need to pet her, she would love for you to pet her. sometimes it helps.

lets have coffee soon. . . .

Pirooz M. Kalayeh said...

Okay, Dacheux.

You know what's so funny is that 5 posts ago I was talking about loving L.A., and here I am talking about being done with it. How funny my mind is.

I am still serious about walking across America.