Loren Goodman and I Discuss Top Five Songs of All Time

Loren Goodman and I were talking about the top five songs of all time. 

"You remember that Rolling Stones song?"

"Which one? Brown Sugar?" Loren asked.

I looked it up on Youtube...



"That's a good song," I said. "Oh, wait. That's not it. What's it called?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, yeah. Here it is. Beast of Burden!"

"That's a good song."

 

"I like this song," Loren said. 

Loren plays the song over his vid chat. I can't see the video playing

"Oh, yeah! The Eagles! I like this song."

"No, not the Eagles."

"Who is it then?"

"I sent it to you."

"Where?"

"In the chat window."

I hear the vocals kick in. 

"Is it Neil Young?"

"No, the Rolling Stones."

"Oh, okay."



I am not very good at guessing songs without images. I am also horrible with names. I can remember faces like forever. I don't know what it is though. I just can't seem to remember any names -- not even of famous poems. It all just leaves my mind immediately. God knows how I have ever passed any exam in my life. I don't know. I would prefer drawing on those multiple choice exams instead. Well, not really. I'm not like Kirk Cameron in the TV show or anything. I'm more like a left-handed Theo or something.

"I think your more like the drummer for Def Leppard," Loren said. 

"What about a no-handed Rocky Balboa?"

"A cornflake in a cereal bowl?"

"Kurt Coban in a David Bowie song with ten cups of lemon tea?"

"A milk truck with trademark signature done by Andy Warhol and Jean Michel Basquiat?"

"David Carradine without feet in a Kung Fu match against Bruce Lee?"

We talked like this for a while. Then we started making faces into Mac's iChat where you can distort your face and all. Loren made himself into a rastafari by pushing his long hair into angles exaggerated by the camera, played Bob Marley, and saying my name with a Jamaican accent. 

"Pirrrrooooz! Piirrrooozzz!" he sang-songed.

 Then we got back to our lists. 



"That's a good one," Loren said. "It's my turn."

"Hit me," I said. 



I liked watching this video. It made me want to play the guitar. 

"Pirrrooooz!" Sogee called down to me from the kitchen.

"I'm coming."

We only started exploring Nirvana and others before it got into the wee hours of the morning on our vid chat. 

"Don't forget to get me your top five list," I told Loren before he signed off.

"Okay."

I bet he comes up with some good ones. I think looking for great songs with best friends is the best way to pass one's existence on the planet Earth. I love music so much. 

What do you think? What are your top five songs of all time?


1 comment:

Kendall said...

1.Forever young - youth group (in part due to skateboarding video clip)
2.Wonderchild - Christian waltz
3. Boys light up - Australian crawl
4. Solid rock - goanna
5. Where is the love