Shopping Dilemma, Part One

"Baby!" she says.

"Yes," I say.


"Ba-by!" she says again.


"What is it, So Gee?"


"I am in a dilemma."


"Tell me what happened."


"I went to the Lotte Department Store."


"Okay. So-"


"So I was there and I saw this bag."


"A bag?"


"Yes, it's black and a very classic design."


"O-kaaay-"


"Yeah, so I can't stop thinking about it. It's a Chanel bag, and I think I can wear it
forever it is such a classic design, and-"


"So get it."


"Get the bag?"


"If that's what you want."


"But it's expensive."


"How expensive?"


"Guess?"


"Two thousand."


"No, it's less."


"Okay. So get it."


"You think?"


"Well, you already told me that it's a classic and you could wear it forever, so what's there to stop you?"


"It's at the duty-free shop. It's sixteen-hundred dollars."


"Okay. You make money. You've been saving right?"


"Yes."


"So if this is what is important to you, then get it."


"Get it? Deb says to get it, but Haley has been giving me a hard time about spending
that much money."


"Well, it's not their story. It's yours. If you are having trouble sleeping because of a bag, and you have the extra money to buy it, and it works for you in all the ways you said, then go buy it."


"Okay."


Silence.


"You don't think it's too expensive?"


"Ordinarily, I would say yes. But designer bags are assets. You can always re-sell it on
ebay. And that's your other option. Use eBay."


"eBay?"


"Yeah, go for it. I bet you can find the same bag for a lot less. You can also wait until we're in L.A., and go shopping there. It might be cheaper there, than here in Seoul."


"I'm checking on eBay now."


"Okay."


"They have the bag."


"Okay."


"Do you think it's safe?"


"I don't know."


"Okay. I am going to make a bid."


"Okay. I am going to bed."


"Okay. Bye, baby."


"Bye, So Gee."

1 comment:

Poker Deposit said...

Many thanks to you for support. I should.