Seneca Park Zoo


Sogee and I got to be kids again this week. We went to the Seneca Park Zoo in Rochester. It was too fun. I forgot just how great zoos can be. We talked to the zoo staff, learned about sea lions, petted a few white tigers, and even found a hammock for Jim Goar. 


I have no idea what this animal is called. Is it a muskrat? 


I do believe dinosaurs are the predecessor to emus.


Jim Goar's hammock and friends.


Sogee wanted to take a bath with the rhino. I had to hold her back. 


I told her that if she was going to fool around with anyone, it'd better be the sea lions.


I tried to get this hyena to come hang out, but I think he was on a KFC diet.


The bald eagle (above) didn't once perch on my shoulder. As all the bystanders watched this majestic bird have its lunch, several folks came up with theories on why the birds were not flying away.

"They must be clipped," a woman to my right said.

"Their wings?" the woman's partner said.

"Yes," the woman agreed.

I have never been this close to a tiger in my life. I could touch this one's ears. It made me feel like Francis Macomber. I wondered if I would be any match for the tiger. 

"I think this tiger is big," I told Sogee. "Look at its paws."

"Yes," she agreed. "It would eat you."

"Yes," I said. "There's no doubt."

No comments: