The Slipshod Swingers: Tootsie Pop (Rough)

I promised a version of "Tootsie Pop" by The Slipshod Swingers. Here is a rough version. Panauh made me re-record the guitar and vocals yesterday. He says we need to listen to it for a week and then come back to it. That means he's going to listen to it for a week. I know how I like things. I like having UFO sounds and kids screaming, but Panauh says things like "I can't sell this thing with morse code at the beginning. It's too cheesy." This is a case where you have a person with an absolutely different creative vision than yourself. In collaboration, sometimes it's better to concede than to start arguing. I am also aware that "selling this" is not the top priority on my to do list. Like Cush from JERRY MAGUIRE, "I just want to play [music]."

No comments: