James Franco's PhD in Creative Writing?

owenj


Mar 29, 2010, 8:03 PM

Post #1868 of 1870 (87 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TC3] Florida State [In reply to]Can't Post

I don't know how good my info is on where James Franco got in, but I have heard that he got into Utah, Denver, and FSU, offering to pay his way at all of them (seriously, do you think he's going to teach freshman comp? I'm not sure it's exactly an insult that he's not funded since from what I've heard he's offered to pay.) Also, I'm not a huge fan of his Esquire story, but the guy has an MFA from Columbia in CW, an MFA in Film from NYU, possibly a low-res MFA, and graduated from UCLA, so clearly the guy is interested in learning, so I'm not sure it's fair to say that he only got into these schools because of his fame. There's also this, which suggests that he's made the decision to get a lit PhD at Yale: http://yaleherald.com/thebullblog/james-franco-at-yale-from-pineapple-express-to-english-phd/


(This post was edited by owenj on Mar 29, 2010, 8:06 PM)

1 comment:

Arnold said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I

would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have

enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://dataentryjob-s.com