Rhinos Are in Danger of Obliteration


Rhinos are in danger of obliteration.

Yesterday, I spoke to a man who worked at Staples.

"Hey, friend," he said.

"Hey," I said. "How are you?"

"Not good," he said.

"What's wrong?"

"Long day. I already played golf this morning. Then I had to put on the monkey suit and come here."

"I hear you."

"I have to go take care of my 83 year old friend after work."

"That's nice of you."

"I sold my house. I'm moving."

"Why did you do that?"
"I'm moving to Ohio."

"Youngstown?"

"It's funny you should say that. My family is from Boardman. No, I'm moving more north--near Colombus."

"Why?"

"I'm getting older now. I want to see the grandkids more than twice a year. I feel like I'd miss too much if I weren't closer."

"Looks like it all worked out."

"Let me see that," he says and turns my arm around to look at my tattoos. "Mmmm."

He rolls up his sleeves to show me a rhinoceros tattoo on his shoulder.

"A rhino," I said.

"Yes," he said. "I am crazy like one. Sometimes, that's what they say."

I collect my bags. "I wish you the best with your trip."

"Thank you, friend."



No comments: