Stressed and Overworked


I am very short on patience this week. I am suprising myself left and right with the amount of tension and anger I'm feeling. I am not sure if this is because I've reached my halfway point in Korea, or because I am working 3 jobs with very little downtime for myself. My guess is the latter. I have literally not done anything these last 2 weeks but teach class in my physical and online classrooms. It is quite ridiculous. I have been waking up at 4 in the morning and going until about 10 PM every night non-stop.

No one is to blame but myself. I could have refused the option to teach this night film course, and I could have postponed my new college work for a couple more weeks, but I guess I wanted to be busy. I work best creatively when I am busy. It forces me to the moment of conception faster.

At the same time, I may just be too busy at the moment. Ah, what can I say? There are still some good points to being this busy. There's always my love for being straight and to the point. "That's fine," I said to someone fairly rudely tonight. "You can go." It might have had something to do with watching THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA in my film course, but I think it had more to do with the fact that I am Meryl Streep's character at times. That might even be why I liked producing so damn much. I told people what to do and they did it. No questions asked. Everyone was real professional.

Of course, this doesn't really work in a country where you have a toddler's conception of the language. You're lucky if you get anything done for a class, and if you do, you better make sure you're championing the whole thing. At least, that is what I have learned for myself. It's a good lesson, and, at the same time, I can't help but recognize that I like myself better when I am relaxed and carefree.

Well, it's only a couple more days of this. Two, to be exact. Then I will have a bit more control of my schedule, and I can get back to my creative world that I love.

Can anyone say vacation, tequila, and massage at the same time?




CLUE: Handsome man is getting one year older.

No comments: