The Slipshod Swingers: Baghdad Hysteria

Baghdad Hysteria is a reality song about video game suburbia and Baghdad under fire. It has the lyrical stylings of The Kalayeh brothers and the guitar work of Bret Agins.
_______________

"The History of a Song"

My brother didn't think I could rap. He was very doubtful.

"You're not hip hop," he said.

"You're right. I'm Pirooz. Start the track."

Some people don't realize we're diamonds. We can do anything. We can rap, get PhD's, become doctors, breakdance - shit, it's whatever you want to do.

"Just go after it."

Panauh listened to the track. He started laughing uncontrolably.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he laughed, louder.

"What?"

"Nothing," he smiled. "It's just - you're good."

I love it when people's ideas suddenly change in the face of reality. There is nothing more precious.

"Damn, right," I egotized. "Now get your ass on the second verse."

"Me?"

"You rap don't you?"

"Me?"

"Lets break down the walls, yo."

"Alright."

I put my headphones on. Panauh got up to the mike.

"From Hollywood to Baghdad. Hit it!" I shouted.

Panauh laughed again.

The walls fell with him.
_________________

Click here or below to play Baghdad Hysteria. Click here for lyrics.




Bret Agins - Guitar, Bass Guitar, Backing Vocal
Panauh - Engineer and Backing Vocal
Me - Obviously

________________

The Slipshod Swingers second album, Orange Lambhorgini, will be out for purchase this coming Monday, September 11. In celebration, we will have interviews with Sunny Mishra, Herman Dune, MC Lyte, and Panauh Kalayeh.

Stay tuned. It only gets hotter from here.

Have a great Labor Day!

DJ Switchblade AKA Stinky Slick, the fantabulous, resurectable, and undeniable MACK, P to the Hiz-A... ! !

The Desert Rose

No comments: